.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Do Not Disturb

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

Hmmm ... my office is in a high traffic spot.

Trying to figure out a way to keep a balance between tasks and people. I am a HUGE people person, but often at the expense of getting stuff done. I know that might seem shocking to some of you, but I like relationships more than I like to work. So, to that end, I'm experimenting with a traffic light Post-It System(tm).

It's also somewhat of a joke, but still:
POST-IT KEY
If you are a student, please ignore this and come in.
If you are a volunteer, please ignore this and come in.
If you are a member of my family, please ignore this and come in.

RED (as little as possible)
Please leave me alone. I am busy changing the world one blog post at a time. You know I want to hang out all day and talk about Star Wars and The Office, but I have trouble saying no, so this little piece of red paper is helping me be focused. Tough love.

YELLOW (occasionally)
You can totally come in; I am willing to push pause on this stack of stuff and the amassing emails from people like Jack Bauer and President Bush to hang out. If you just want to make a face through the window, that’s cool, too.

GREEN (most of the time)
Oh my goodness why would you not come in right now? I am doing absolutely nothing but sitting here bored out of my mind waiting to talk to you! Yes!
JG

posted by Unknown @ 11:34 AM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

2 Comments:

At 12/20/2007, Blogger Matt McGill said...

OH MAN!
For years you've all given me crap for being "focused" ... this is so great...now you know....HAHAHAHAHAHA Dear Lord, thank you for justice.

 
At 12/20/2007, Blogger Ange said...

I think I'm going to implement this system at my cubicle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home