.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Book Review: Beyond Megachurch Myths

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

OK, I'll be honest, I didn't actually quite finish this book. I went for more of the "read the chapters that seemed to strike me as interesting" approach. Part of the reason for that is that the book is from more of a research and technical perspective. Not exactly my cup of team - no pictures either.

The book clearly shows off the positive side of megachurches. It's neat to hear analytical perspective on how big churches still care about the message and people. It was amazing and satisfying to read about just how wide and varied the style is amongst this group of churches. Megachurches are more than a "show." I also appreciate the identification of how the more recent megachurches differ from the older ones, and how the megachurch must change to reach the next generation.

All in all a solid book, even if it gets bogged down a bit for my taste. B-

JG

posted by Unknown @ 4:32 PM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home