.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Letting Go to Grow

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

We posted a new article on Friday about a youth leader having to let go of his ministry for it to be healthy. I think it's a great look inside the process of 'letting go to grow' ... here's a clip, hit the link for the rest of the story:

At 7:25 pm, I walked out of Jeff and Megan O’Neal’s house.

Jeff is one of our middle school leaders. He and his family are hosting our middle school small groups this school year. Tonight was the first night of this school year’s small groups. Our middle schoolers met at the O’Neals’ while our high schoolers met about 4 miles away at another house.

But tonight… I’m not leading a group.

Instead, I am leaving our Tuesday night small group program (5 groups in all) in the very capable hands of two high school leaders and three middle school leaders. I have all the confidence in the world in Mike, Becky, Candy, Mark and Kathy. They are incredible leaders. They have an incredible heart for students. I could see it in their eyes tonight as they gathered.

But I “died” a little bit tonight as I walked out that door. You see; I want to be there with those students. I want to hang with them… I want to laugh with them… I want to lead them… all of them. And that’s not healthy.

JG

posted by Unknown @ 12:39 AM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home