.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



It's All About Changed Lives

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

We're going to tell the story of life change.

People can see the construction on the building when they come on campus. The bulletin insert or video covers the progress updates and timelines. But one thing many people miss is the life change that is happening in our student ministry. So we're going to tell them about it!

Today's first post in this new series on our Extending the Vision campaign blog is about Nikki Lalague. She followed Christ in junior high and even recently led the music at a weekend service in big church. Such a great story! Here's a clip, follow the link for the rest:
Hi, my name is Nikki Lalague. I'm a 17-year old senior at Capo Valley High School. I've been calling Saddleback my home for almost 5 years now, and have found my passion in serving and leading others to worship God through the gifts He's given me.

I grew up in a non-Christian home, and had no idea who God was until a friend of mine in 7th grade invited me to a Junior High outreach event at Wild Rivers. I came to a service that same weekend and realized there was something different about the leaders, the music, and the students: something I wanted for myself. After attending services for a little over a month, I dedicated my life to Christ and began discovering who I was in Him and what His plans were for my life. I started playing guitar and singing in the Wildside band, and joined a small group in 8th grade with incredible girls that I still grow with to this day.

Since I became a Christian in Junior High, I have continued to grow and love God, but it wasn't until 2 years ago that my faith was really put to the test. Going into my sophomore year of high school, I began to lose my love for people, for ministry, for music, and for myself. I discovered in September 2005 that I suffered from depression and anxiety, and was diagnosed bipolar around Christmas. I struggled to hear God's voice when I needed it most, and began feeling imprisoned by a disorder I had no control over. I questioned why God would allow this to happen in my life. I started failing school, and I felt overwhelmed with the drug abuse in my own household.
J
G

posted by Unknown @ 2:03 PM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home