.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Movie Clips for Sermons ... and for Free?

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

I love illustrating a talk with a clip from a movie, but getting the right clip, then getting the right moment on the DVD, then all of my capturing gear has to work perfectly - and don't get me started on just cuing up a DVD in the back of the room, that never seems to work.

Enter Wing Clips, a site I just found the other day and am really starting to love.

Maybe I'm late to the party, but you can download average size movie clips for free - and of the latest movies, too. Transformers, Ratatouille, Ark Almighty, License to Wed - all clipped and ready for download and playing in your church. I signed up today for the free access and downloaded 5 clips. They work fine - if I was doing something in big church I might spring for the $12 a month unlimited buffet of full-size clips, but for youth ministry it's perfect.

OK, I know this sounds like a commerical, but I think this is really a big deal. Free, licensed movie clips for use in your talks. Do it.

JG




posted by Unknown @ 9:32 PM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

4 Comments:

At 7/19/2007, Blogger Jim Clark said...

Dude... I had never heard of that before. Thanks for sharing. It's pretty sweet to be able to get clips from movies that are running right now... talk about being culturally relevant! Thanks for sharing.

Jim

 
At 7/19/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW this is a moment. I shall relish this one...i knew of something totally rad & very usable before the GREAT JOSH GRIFFIN did...i love this feeling!

Josh Wing Clips is great...sorry i did not share sooner. Now you get the credit for sharing & not me...the feeling of superiority just left me... boo hoo

 
At 7/19/2007, Blogger Chris Day said...

Josh thanks man this is a life saver.

 
At 7/19/2007, Blogger joshpease said...

Only a youth pastor could get geeked about this ...

... did I mention I'm a youth pastor? I feel like I did the day I learned you can rip youtube videos and run them as wmv's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home