.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Is Dwayne Jarrett the Next T.O.?

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

As you know I love football, and the week after Christmas is pure football gold for both the professional and the collegiate. There were some GREAT games yeterday, and today we all get to watch some of the best of the best. I noticed something that left me unsettled today about the amazing USC Trojans.

Oh, USC deserves the win today, but there's one glaring problem I see on the roster: Dwayne Jarrett. He taunts the Michigan defenders as he trots into the endzone, and after he makes an amazing catch he feels the need to hand the ball to the defender he just beat over the top. Not cool. Making it at this level of the game certainly requires some pinache, sure, I'll give you that. But to me Dwayne Jarrett typifies all that is wrong with with the NBA and is now creeping into the NFL via the likes of Terrell Owens.

Dwayne is really good. But play the game the way it was meant to be played. Pure. Please turn pro so you don't further ruin the college game, and let the NFL sort it out. Of course, with my luck, he'll end up getting drafted by Green Bay.

JG

posted by Unknown @ 5:12 PM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

10 Comments:

At 1/01/2007, Blogger Julie Hibbard said...

Josh,
Will you let me know how I can put "site meter" on my blog? Allison said you are a wiz at it.
Thanks!
Hey, when you want to talk baseball, let me know. I don't follow football, sorry!
Julie
julieannhibbard@yahoo.com

 
At 1/01/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

I would actually use Google Analytics now ... which is what I switched to some time ago. It's easy ... I'm happy to help you!

JG

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Brent said...

I agree. As a Wolverine fan, I wanted to smack him. Let him go pro and he can compete with TO and Keyshawn for the best of the worst. Good riddance.

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Bargus said...

Hey, I'm right there with Brent...yeah, the Wolverines got embarrassed this weekend (and I am a die hard Blue fan), but I wanted to jump through my TV and tackle Jarrett myself...and even though Jarrett was a half step in the end zone, I don't think Barringer should have been the only one penalized on that touchdown play...that's what you deserve when you point at the defender you just torched on your way in.

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Eric said...

You cant compare him to T.O.
T.O is a man of great integrity and class. GO COWBOYS!

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Brent said...

Spoken like a true Cowboys fan Puddles. I still like you anyway.

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Johnny Baker said...

Am I to beleive that you are a Green Bay fan? After this post and the Favre one, I think you might be.

I knew I loved you

 
At 1/02/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

were you this annoyed at desmond howard when he did the heisman pose?

 
At 1/02/2007, Blogger Unknown said...

a) T.O. ... drops too many balls

b) I am a big Green Bay fan, yup

c) Was the Desmond Howard thing taunting or celebrating? I'm OK with criticizing that activity as well, but I would suggest that was more of a planned celebration and less of a taunting or poor sportsmanship.

JG

 
At 1/03/2007, Blogger Leigh Sarti said...

You can't compare Jarrett with TO cos he catches the ball, but you can compare Steve Smith with Steve Smith (Panthers) because they have the same name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home