.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



The Outside Church

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

You would think that a church is there to help it's members. You might even think that a church is here to help it's community. But one of my biggest learnings this week is that our church is a place where people from outside churches come when they need help, too.

Not just for a training event or to a conference - but just dropping by or calling in with a need. They trust us - so they come in for counseling, they call in for advice or email looking for encouragement.

Where does a pastor go when he or she needs help? Where does confession happen for a church leader? I'm finding that people in other ministries need a place to go when they hurt or are in spiritual crisis. I'm glad our church is a place where Christian leaders can find help in their time of need. A thought would be ... is the health of other ministries on my heart? Is it possible that I find time to encourage other youth workers in their journey and not just concentrate on my church and community. What can I do to help further God's work by coming to the aid of His workers?

Just some random thoughts today.

JG

posted by Unknown @ 8:39 AM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

1 Comments:

At 11/20/2006, Blogger Dan King said...

good questions josh ...

your post reminded me of a quote by a former archbishop in england (I think??)

he said something like, "the church is the only organization that exists more for those who aren't members"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home