.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



Monday Night in New Orleans

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

So you know I'm a Monday Night critic since the network change from ABC to ESPN.

They messed with a perfect formula, and I'm dissapointed. So far, NBC on Sunday nights has won by a large margin every week. But not so tonight, I'm happy to say that despite a great Sunday night game with amazing commentary, camera angles and all the usual magic (though the sideline reporter was dressed like a grandma - style that gal up!), tonight's Monday Night Football was the game of the week. Surprise!

Maybe I'm just a sucker for the story - this was the first game in the Dome since Katrina. Essentially this was the grand re-opening of Louisiana to the world. There were generous crowd shots, an underthought national anthem and overthought appearance by Spike Lee. And aside from the very average commentating, it was a delight to watch a great football game on Monday Night again. Anytime there's a good story, a blocked punt, a blocked field goal, a team bouncing back from the worst losing record in NFL history and Michael Vick taking a beating ... well, I'm there.

Week 3: ESPN

The score is 3-1 in favor of NBC as we head into Week 4.

JG

posted by Unknown @ 10:15 PM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

1 Comments:

At 9/26/2006, Blogger Riverdale Youth said...

I'm a Louisiana boy and there is only one thing to say. I was excited to watch the game last night. Not just because we stomped Atlanta, but because it was very emotional for me to see the excitement back in N.O. I took my youth group to N.O. for mission work and had the opportunity to witness the devastation. Trust me, it was good to see some kind of normalcy.

Go Saints!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home