.




Change the channel: Blog | MySpace | YouTube | My 360's Blog | Facebook | YouthMinistry.com | SimplyYouthMinistry.com

 



The Next Big Thing

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to DownloadYouthMinistry.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

Talking with a buddy this week at Starbucks - just catching up on life and tossing out future ideas. For my end of the conversation I pitched an idea I have for the "next big thing" on the internet, something that takes the best ideas of what is out there, where I think the whole net is going, and a way to make some money for myself and really youth workers, too. Anyhow, the idea is mine, but the execution is way out of my league. As we exchanged follow-up emails, here's some thoughts he shared that I thought were particularly good.
Here is my “work in progress” trying to synthesize a little from Andy Stanley and Dallas Willard. In order to affect any change and progress I need to find my Vision, Intention, and Means. I need all three cylinders to be firing if I’m going to get anywhere.
Vision: An idea of what could be combined with the conviction for what should be, based on an account of what was, an assessment of what is.

Intention: The decision of my heart and the focus of my will to relentlessly chase potential into reality.

Means: The art and science of skillfully applying Resources to move X from point A to point B. (Distance, Direction, Time). Simply put . . . get ‘er done!
JG

posted by Unknown @ 9:19 AM |

SimplyJosh.com has now moved to MoreThanDodgeball.com - follow this link to visit the new site with new posts everyday!

2 Comments:

At 8/11/2006, Blogger jwitt said...

I'm very intrigued. Love this kind of stuff.

 
At 8/11/2006, Blogger Rob Cunningham said...

I didn't realize Christians synthesized ideas. I thought we stole them from each other...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home